Ingredients – 2 Persons
- 200g Wellside Foods tagliatelle
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100g mushrooms
- A dash of tarragon
- 2 veggie stock cubes, dissolved
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp vegan sour cream
- A healthy dose of vegan parmasan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Mushrooms in a creamy vegan sauce never fail to hit the spot when you’re looking for pure comfort food.
In this recipe, we’re incorporating those classic flavours into a tangle of al dente tagliatelle. Garlic, lemon, and herby tarragon add lively accents, giving you a dish that’s both a little bit cozy and a little bit fun—it’s the sort of thing you’d be just as happy to serve at a dinner party as you would be to tuck into any night of the week.
Our tagliatelle range comes in whole wheat, carrot, hemp, spinach and spelt varieties. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Wash and dry all produce. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Mince or grate garlic. Pick leaves from tarragon; discard stems. Finely chop leaves. Halve lemon. Thinly slice mushrooms.
- 2. Once water is boiling, add tagliatelle to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes more.
- 4. Add stock concentrates, reserved pasta cooking water, and half the tarragon to pan with mushrooms. Let simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes more.
- 5. Add tagliatelle, a squeeze of lemon, and half the Parmesan to pan with sauce and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Divide tagliatelle and mushrooms between plates. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and tarragon (to taste) and serve.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter