Ingredients – 2 Persons
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sichuan pepper
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 200g Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp diced mustard greens
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 200g of Wellside tagliatelle (try our carrot or spinach varieties!)
- Sprig of coriander leaves
- Handful of toasted peanuts
- 1 diced spring onion
Dan dan noodles are a traditional noodle favourite that combines sweet, salty and spicy flavours, along with Meatless Farm‘s plant-based crispy mince. Combine with our vegan noodles.
It’s called 担担面 in simplified Chinese and 擔擔麵 in traditional Chinese, and originates from Chinese Sichuan cuisine.
The name refers to a type of carrying pole (dan dan) that was used by walking street vendors who sold the dish to passers-by. The pole was carried over the shoulder, with two baskets containing noodles and sauce attached at either end. As the noodles were affordable due to their low cost, the local people gradually came to call them dandan noodles, referencing the street vendors. The name translates directly as “noodles carried on a pole”, but may be better translated as “peddler’s noodles”.
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Mix together all the sauce ingredients and set aside, ready to serve.
- 2. Fry off the ginger then add in the Meatless Farm Meat Free Mince, along with the soy, shaoxing wine, mustard greens and chilli flakes.
- 3. Cook until the mince is brown and crisp all over. Meanwhile, cook your noodles according to pack instructions, then serve with a generous portion of mince, along with coriander leaves, a handful of toasted peanuts and spring onion.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter