Ingredients – 1-2 Persons
- Wellside frozen dough ball
- 100ml passata
- 1 tbsp fresh basil , chopped (or ½ tsp dried oregano)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g vegan mozzarella-style cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil or oregano leaves, chilli oil and vegan parmesan to serve (optional)
Our vegetarian margherita pizza recipe combines the classic flavours of this Italian comfort food using plant-based substitutes and our frozen vegetarian dough balls.
They are surprisingly simple to make once you’ve defrosted the dough balls, and offer a quick and satisfying meal that’s vegetarian.
Go the extra step, and try it with vegan cheese!
Have you tried vegan cheese yet? There’s new and exciting brands coming onto the market all the time, but our personal favourites are:
- The Violife range from The VeganKind Supermaket
- Follow Your Heart
Our frozen pastry range is available direct to your premises by the case. Visit our Vegetarian Dough Balls page for full details on ingredients and purchase information.
- 1. Heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 9 and put a baking sheet or pizza stone on the top shelf to heat up.
- 2. Prepare the dough ball as per instructions
- 3. Put all the ingredients for the tomato sauce together in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar if you like and mix well. Set aside until needed.
- 4. Put the pizza base on a baking tray, spread 4-5 tbsp of the tomato sauce on top and add some sliced tomatoes and grated vegan cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven on top of your preheated baking tray for 10-12 mins or until the base is puffed up and the vegan cheese has melted and is bubbling and golden in patches.
- 5. Serve the pizzas with fresh basil leaves or chilli oil if you like and sprinkle over vegan parmesan just after baking.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter