Ingredients – 2 Persons
- 5 cups kale, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 walnuts
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 vegan sausages
- 500g Wellside Food Pure Pasta
- Vegan parmesan
- Salt and pepper
We’ve been conditioned to think of pasta dishes as inherently unhealthy. Carb-loaders, and beyond that just junk.
We’re fighting hard to debunk that myth; starting with this amazing post-workout recipe that’ll help you to get your protein quota in, in a creative and healthy way.
By using our Pure Pasta fusilli, you can guarantee 40% less carbohydrates in your pasta dish, and a healthy serving of BCAAs.
For this recipe, we roasted the kale with a bunch of garlic for a flavour-packed punch, and blended with nutritional yeast, walnuts, veggie broth and lemon juice for a clean and beautiful guilt-free dish.
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the chopped kale and garlic cloves with the olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Rub the olive oil all over the kale and massage it in.
- 3. Pour onto the baking tray and cook for 8 - 10 minutes. In the meantime, cook the pasta.
- 4. If you're adding vegan sausage, slice and brown off in a frying pan.
- 5. Once the kale and garlic is done, add them to a blender. Add the nutritional yeast, veggie broth, walnuts, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
- 6. Scoop pesto on top of pasta, and taste. Adjust seasoning as necessary. Add sliced sausages, plate up and enjoy with heaps of vegan parmesan.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter