Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 1 1/2 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup packed flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup green peas (if frozen, thawed)
- 4 cloves garlic (4 cloves yield ~2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (plus more for serving // or sub raw walnuts, but omit as garnish)
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (~2 Tbsp or 30 ml per lemon)
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 pinch sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 300g Wellside Pure Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed rocket
Not everyone’s idea of fun is shovelling protein shakes into their faces. Sometimes you want to have a delicious meal, with the added bonus of protein instead.
We’re going for a double whammy of pea protein in this dish; the pea protein infused into our Pure Pasta range, and the peas in the pesto sauce. Why you ask? They’re delicious and they offer 8 grams of protein per cup! They also create an ultra creamy base for this pesto infused with basil, Italian parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and vegan parmesan cheese.
This makes a great meal option for both dinners and lunches, and since it only takes 30 minutes to make, it’s easy for a mid-week meal option. It’s an easy combination of comforting and healthy. Plus it keeps in the fridge for three days, making it a good option for a to-go meal after a workout or at the office.
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
- 2. In the meantime, prepare pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, vegan parmesan cheese and sea salt. Mix to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout.
- 3. Continue blending, scraping down sides as needed, until creamy and fully combined. If it has trouble blending add a bit more olive oil or water.
- 4. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity/brightness, vegan parmesan for cheesy flavour, salt for saltiness, or peas for sweetness.
- 5. Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook, and drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them. Return to pan off heat and set aside.
- 6. Once your pasta is drained, heat a large saucepan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant but not yet browned.
- 7. Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner, then add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- 8. Transfer to a serving platter or mixing bowl and add 3/4 of pea pesto and the rocket. Toss to combine.
- 9. Serve warm with additional pesto on the side, and garnish generously with additional parsley, pine nuts, and vegan parmesan cheese.
- 10. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days. Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter