Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 250g of Wellside Pure Pasta
- 1 Large Savoy Cabbage (around 750g)
- 4 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 15 g Sage
- 100 g White Crusty Bread
- 20 g Parsley
- 30 g Pine Nuts
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
A delightfully crunchy and garlicy pasta. Savoy cabbage when cooked properly has an amazingly savoury flavour, which works well with this pasta. The breadcrumbs are amazing on their own and can go well with a variety of dishes.
Our vegan Pure Pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Heat a dry frying pan over a high heat. Add the pine nuts and toast for 3 minutes until golden. Reserve.
- 2. Chop the bread into rough pieces then finely chop 2 cloves of the garlic. Place the bread into an oven tray along with the chopped garlic, salt and pepper sprinkled over the top. Cover with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and place in an 200˚c oven for 10 minutes until the bread is crisp and golden.
- 3. Remove the bread from the oven and place the contents of the tray in a blender along with the parsley. Blend until the bread is a fine breadcrumb. Reserve for later.
- 4. Place the pasta in a deep pan and cover with boiling water. Salt heavily and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- 5. Meanwhile, halve the savoy cabbage and slice lengthways into shreds. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Finely dice the remaining garlic and add to the pan along with the chilli flakes and fennel seeds. Fry for a minute then add the sage, chopped, and sliced cabbage to the pan along with 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water.
- 6. Drain the pasta and pour into the cooked cabbage. Mix to combine well. Serve with the garlic crumb heaped over the pasta and topped with the toasted pine nuts.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter