Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 600g Wellside Foods Spinach Tagliatelle
- 220g fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbsp cup extra virgin olive oil
- 180g cups toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 100g pure vegetarian parmesan by Violife
- 1 healthy squeeze of lemon juice
- the zest from 1 lemon
- 1 pinch sea salt
What makes our Pesto Pasta super green? It’s the use of our spinach tagliatelle that boosts the greenery in this super green pesto pasta recipe.
Our inspiration for the pesto came from the lovely Florentina who has a wealth of Italian-inspired vegetarian and vegan recipes on her website Ciao Florentina!
This classic Italian sauce has been adapted to overcome the use of animal rennet. Good thing you can omit it entirely or use a plant based vegan parmesan like the Violife wedges which are amazing.
At Wellside Foods, we’re BIG fans of garlic 🧄 so feel free to add more than the recipe suggests if you want to repel the vampires 🧛.
Love it spicy? Add a little red chili flakes. Make some extra and store in the freezer; we suggest freezing in ice cube trays covered with a layer of olive oil.
Buy our Spinach Tagliatelle to complete this recipe.
- 1. Add the nuts to the skillet, turning on the heat and toasting until lightly golden. Put to one side.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per instructions.
- 3. In a food processor whizz the toasted walnuts with the basil leaves and olive oil until a rustic puree forms.
- 4. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and stir in the grated garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice.
- 5. Adjust seasonings to your taste with sea salt and more lemon juice. Serve promptly with the pasta.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter