Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 600g of Wellside Foods wholewheat tagliatelle
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 115g tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed chilli flakes
- 30ml vodka
- 120ml vegan double cream
- 50g freshly grated vegan Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Basil, for serving
- Salt to taste
While this Tagliatelle Alla Vodka is certainly delicious on its own, it also lends itself to add-ins to make it extra hearty and boost flavour.
Sautéed Broccoli, mushrooms, and courgette are all great options for adding an extra serving of veggies to this dish. Toss around 125 grams of sautéed, seasoned vegetables into the finished pasta and season to taste with salt.
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. In a large pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2. Add tomato paste and chilli flakes and cook, stirring frequently, until paste has coated shallots and garlic and is beginning to darken, 5 minutes.
- 3. Add vodka to pot and stir to incorporate, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Turn off heat.
- 4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 480ml of pasta water before draining.
- 5. Return sauce to medium heat and add 60ml of pasta water and double cream, stirring to combine. Add half the Parmesan and stir until melted. Turn off heat and stir in cooked pasta. Fold in remaining Parmesan, adding more pasta water (about a tablespoon at a time) if the sauce is looking dry. Season with salt if needed. Serve topped with more Parmesan and torn basil leaves.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter