Ingredients – 2 - 4 Persons
- 400g of Wellside Vegan Carrot Tagliatelle
- 4 tsp of red miso paste
- 500ml of dried mushroom liquid
- 5 tsp of dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
Smoked Chilli Oil Ingredients
- 1 tsp of smoked chilli flakes
- 50ml of neutral oil (vegetable or rapeseed)
Marinated Tofu Ingredients
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tsp of Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed to a paste
- 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- Marinated tofu, drained and roughly chopped
- 50g dried mushrooms, soaked and roughly chopped
- 2 bok choy, halved
- Smoked chilli oil (optional)
- Dried nori sheets
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced into rings
Get your soup bowls ready for our easy, delicious and nutritious vegan ramen recipe! It’s not complicated, and it’s undetectably vegan, making it a great option for weekday- or weekend evenings for intimate meals or huge family gatherings.
Ramen broth can be made in a number of ways, and to keep ours vegan we’ve infused ginger and garlic with tofu to give it a delicious and authentic Asian feel.
Combine with our Vegan Carrot Tagliatelle for a great tasting ramen dish you can make at home!
Method (Smoked Chilli Oil)
- 1. Heat oil up to 85℃ and pour over chilli flakes into a heat proof dish.
- 2. Leave to infuse for a minimum 6 hours
Method (Marinated Tofu)
- 1. Mix all of the ingredients together and spread evenly over the tofu
- 2. Leave for a minimum 4 hours
- 1. Heat the miso paste in a saucepan and slowly add the mushroom liquid whilst mixing so it is mixed completely
- 2. Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a simmer.
- 1. Lightly oil a frying pan and bring up to a high heat
- 2. Add the chopped soaked mushrooms and chopped tofu, fry until starting to crisp
- 3. • Add sliced garlic and fry everything until it is coloured and crispy.
Method (Finishing The Dish)
- 1. Par boil the bok choy in the broth, finish in a frying pan by frying the flat side, with the mushrooms, garlic and tofu
- 2. Boil the pasta in the broth until al dente
- 3. Serve in a bowl with the fried toppings on one side, bok choy on the other. Finish the dish with sliced fresh spring onion, a pinch of fresh coriander, sliced nori sheets and drizzle with smoked chilli oil.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter