Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 400g of whole wheat vegan noodles
- 230ml soy sauce
- 110ml water
- 200ml mirin
- 70ml sake
- 3tbsp cane sugar
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp sugar
- 3tbsp sesame seeds
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp dry herbs
- 100ml plant milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 75ml veggie stock
- 115g chickpeas
- 1 tso smoked paprika
- 125g wheat gluten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This juicy plant-based teriyaki chicken is made out of seitan and served over whole wheat pasta noodles.
Teriyaki sauce is delicious, especially when making vegan teriyaki chicken. It’s often sweetened with honey. Here, we’re going to make a vegan version of it.
Pair with our vegan whole wheat noodles: BUY NOW!
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. For the seitan: In a blender, combine the plant milk, vegetable stock, chickpeas, garlic cloves, lemon juice, dry herbs, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Add the liquid mix to the wheat gluten in a bowl and knead for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Wrap the seitan in baking paper and simmer in water for an hour.
- 4. For the sauce: In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and cane sugar.
- 5. Chop the garlic and the ginger and fry in a pan for three minutes.
- 6. Add the liquid mixture to the pan of garlic and ginger.
- 7. Let simmer until the mixture thickens and add sesame seeds.
- 8. Shred the seitan with your hands to give a meaty texture.
- 9. Add the seitan to the teriyaki sauce and cook for 10 minutes. Serve on fresh whole wheat noodles.
- 10. Top with fresh spring onions and enjoy!
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter