Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 400g of whole wheat vegan noodles
- 230ml soy sauce
- 110ml water
- 200ml mirin
- 70ml sake
- 3tbsp cane sugar
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp sugar
- 3tbsp sesame seeds
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp dry herbs
- 100ml plant milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 75ml veggie stock
- 115g chickpeas
- 1 tso smoked paprika
- 125g wheat gluten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
This juicy plant-based teriyaki chicken is made out of seitan and served over whole wheat pasta noodles.
Teriyaki sauce is delicious, especially when making vegan teriyaki chicken. It’s often sweetened with honey. Here, we’re going to make a vegan version of it.
Pair with our vegan whole wheat noodles: BUY NOW!
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. For the seitan: In a blender, combine the plant milk, vegetable stock, chickpeas, garlic cloves, lemon juice, dry herbs, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Add the liquid mix to the wheat gluten in a bowl and knead for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Wrap the seitan in baking paper and simmer in water for an hour.
- 4. For the sauce: In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and cane sugar.
- 5. Chop the garlic and the ginger and fry in a pan for three minutes.
- 6. Add the liquid mixture to the pan of garlic and ginger.
- 7. Let simmer until the mixture thickens and add sesame seeds.
- 8. Shred the seitan with your hands to give a meaty texture.
- 9. Add the seitan to the teriyaki sauce and cook for 10 minutes. Serve on fresh whole wheat noodles.
- 10. Top with fresh spring onions and enjoy!
The Evolution of Veganism in 2022 and 2023 2022 marked another year of exponentially growing interest in veganism and plant-based eating in the UK and around the world. Veganuary 2023 broke all records in the campaign’s 10th year. For this year’s event, 706,965 people officially signed up from nearly every country in the world, with the exception of Vatican City and North Korea. A 2022 YouGov survey also found that 9% of all Brits have now participated in a Veganuary campaign since its inception in 2014.
Vegan Creamy Spinach Pasta with Vegan Chicken This vegan creamy spinach pasta dish is crazy easy to make, filling and great for leftovers. Meaning, you can quickly make this dish on a stovetop without the need for having the oven on for hours and hours. Cheap and easy, that's the style we love!
Come On Men, It’s Time For Your MOT! Between the 13th and the 19th of June 2022, those behind Men’s Health Week are challenging men to be at the top of their game, physically and mentally. Using the hashtag #manmot, the Men’s Health Forum, a charity based in the UK, is trying to encourage more men to prioritise their health and to make time for their own MOT.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter