Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 350g Sainsbury's Cumberland Shroomdogs - slice each sausage into 5 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 medium red onion - Peel and finely dice
- 2 cloves garlic - peel and grate
- 2 red peppers - de-seed and slice into strips
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes
- 320g Wellside Pure Pastaa
Turn shroomdogs into chorizo with just a handful of spices and drizzle of olive oil. They’ll bring the flavour in this hearty pasta dish. Combine with our Wellside Pure Pasta range that’s packed full of pea protein for an extra boost.
This recipe is ready in 35 minutes, with 25 minutes cooking time and 10 minutes prep time. It serves 4 people.
Credit: Sainsbury’s Recipes
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium heat. Add the pieces of sausage to the pan and gently stir them for 4 minutes making sure you turn them over halfway through. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the smoked paprika, ½ tsp of the fennel and ½ tsp of the cayenne pepper into the pan and stir the sausage pieces for a further 2 minutes. Take the pieces of sausage out of the pan, put them on a plate and set them to one side.
- 2. Run the pan under a cold tap to clean out the oil and spices, Add the red onion to the pan, sprinkle a pinch of salt into the pan and stir for 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and stir for 1 minute. Add the red peppers to the pan and stir for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining spices into the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- 3. Add the tomato puree to the pan and stir for 30 seconds, pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan, stir them around so they’re well mixed. Half fill one of the tomato cartons with water, pour it into the pan, turn the heat down and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by stirring together the soy, lime juice and peanut butter. In a separate bowl, mix the cornflour with the water to make a slurry. Add the sauce to the stir-fry together with the cooked noodles. Stir for 1-2 minutes, then add the corn flour slurry and stir for a minute more to allow the sauce to thicken
- 5. Whilst the sauce is simmering, put the saucepan on the stove, add the pasta to the saucepan and cook for 9 minutes until cooked but slightly al dente. Pour the pasta into the tomato sauce and stir it so it’s completely covered, then add the sausage pieces and stir in.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter