Ingredients – 3 - 4 Person
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups (960ml) Soy Milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup (30g) Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Grated Vegan Cheese
Here’s another gorgeous vegan recipe from Francesca, a vegan Instagram blogger based in Staffordshire which combines her Loving It Vegan how-to recipe with our Vegan Macaroni to make this vegan creamy macaroni cheese using cashews.
Here she explains…
“A beige beauty. OK I’ll level with you this is the hardest thing to get a good photo of and yes it looks a little ugly BUT this was my first vegan mac n cheese and it was so easy to do!! I used Wellside Foods vegan macaroni and then made a cheese sauce using Loving It Vegan recipe!
I really liked it and next time I’ll add some vegan cheese to make it extra CHEEEEZZZZYYY. This made four portions and I had a bit left over to make some dirty fries too!”
Make your very own vegan creamy macaroni cheese with our Dark Whole Wheat Macaroni (Organic & Vegan). It’s plant-based and 100% yummy, buy now here.
- 1. Add the olive oil to a pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium high.
- 2. When the oil begins to heat up, add the flour, stirring briskly all the time.
- 3. Fry the flour in the oil for a bit, stirring vigorously, and then add in all the soy milk at once. Stir vigorously. Alternate with a hand whisk and a wooden spoon while it heats up to prevent any lumps from forming.
- 4. Continue to stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 5. You will usually reach the right thickness a few minutes after the sauce has reached boiling point. When it has reached the desired thickness remove from the heat (bear in mind that it will continue to thicken as it cools).
- 6. Stir in the mustard, nutritional yeast, salt and ground black pepper.
- 7. Taste test and see how you like it. If you want to intensify the flavours, add in the onion powder and garlic powder and stir in. Depending on what you want to use the cheese sauce for, you may prefer it plain or you may want to intensify the flavours with the onion and garlic powders.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter