Ingredients – 2 - 4 Persons
- 400g Wellside Foods Pure Pasta
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp grapeseed/sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 block firm tofu (The full block is 454 g), torn up into rough, pieces
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp cup vegan cream cheese
- 50ml cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp your favourite hot sauce
- Black pepper and salt to taste
This vegan creamy spinach pasta dish is crazy easy to make, filling and great for leftovers. Meaning, you can quickly make this dish on a stovetop without the need for having the oven on for hours and hours. Cheap and easy, that’s the style we love!
We really love the firm tofu that we’ve added to this recipe; it gives the pasta additional chewiness that’s satisfying and moreish. If you’d like to add more vegetables to the dish to bulk it out, then go ahead! We love to add green veggies like broccoli, green beans, kale or peas to this dish for an added hit of potassium and other nutrients.
This dish can be eaten either hot or cold, so it’s great for packed lunches for the kids or office. If you’re looking for an easy vegan picnic idea, then this dish will hit the spot too.
Bonus points, as it’s also packed full of vegan protein, as our Pure Pasta has been formulated to provide a high-protein alternative to traditionally carb-heavy pasta. We use the magic of pea protein
Purchase our Pure Pasta range here. Use code RECIPE10 for 10% off!
Credit: The Viet Vegan
- 1. Cook the pasta as per instructions, then drain and save a little water.
- 2. Heat up the oil in a frying pan, then cook the onions.
- 3. Add in torn tofu and toss to coat in onion and garlic goodness. Sprinkle poultry seasoning on top. Cook until tofu starts to brown, then add spinach and stir to combine.
- 4. In another bowl, whisk together vegan cream cheese, garlic powder, reserved pasta water, soy milk, nutritional yeast, hot sauce, salt and pepper until well combined. You should have a nicethick sauce.
- 5. Add both cooked pasta and this creamy sauce to the tofu chicken pan and stir to coat. Adjust with a splash of soy milk if you find it still a little thick.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter