Ingredients – 4 Persons
Pasta Sauce Ingredients
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves (or more!)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tins (800g) chopped tomatoes
- 175ml water
- 5 sun dried tomatoes, in oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 6 vegan sausages (Meatless Farm are great!)
White sauce ingredients
- 1.5 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 175ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g vegan cheddar
- 350g Pure Pasta
- 25g vegan cheddar, grated
- 25g vegan mozzarella, grated
Comforting and family friendly vegan pasta bake! With a rich tomato sauce, vegan sausage and cheesy white sauce that’s baked to crispy perfection!
Adding sausage to this dish is optional but we love the extra flavour and protein it adds. You could switch it for vegan mince, ‘chicken’ pieces or vegan meatballs.
For the sun dried tomatoes you want to use the kind in a jar in oil. The oil is packed with flavour and we will be adding some to the dish.
You can use any type of milk for the white sauce, we use unsweetened almond or oat milk.
Credit: Cup of Kale
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Pre heat oven to 180C
- 2. Finely chop the onion and place in a saucepan on medium heat with some oil. Leave to fry for a few minutes.
- 3. Mince the garlic and finely chop the red pepper and add to the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes until the onion and pepper are soft through.
- 4. Add the chopped tomatoes, water, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, sugar, mixed herbs and pinch chilli flakes (optional). Bring to a gentle simmer and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes. It should have thickened and deepened in colour, add a little more water if you need to whilst cooking.
- 5. In a separate pan, heat some oil. Cut sausages into small chunks and fry until browned and crispy. Set aside.
- 6. Make the white sauce. Add vegan butter to a small saucepan on low heat. Once melted add the flour and mix until it forms a roux/paste.
- 7. Gradually add the milk and whisk continuously until smooth. Add the vegan cheddar and whisk again until melted and thickened. Set aside.
- 8. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and place in an oven proof dish.
- 9. Taste and season the tomato sauce and pour over the pasta with the cooked sausage. Stir well.
- 10. Pour the white sauce over the top so it is evenly distributed. Sprinkle the vegan cheddar and mozzarella on top and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter