Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 500g Wellside vegan organic whole wheat macaroni
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 4 Stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil (Chopped)
- 100g Raw Cashews (soaked for 1 hour in hot water)
- 250g Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Dried Dill
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Water
Simple and delicious vegan macaroni salad with the most indulgent creamy dressing. Packed with veggies which are extra tasty. Ideal for Christmas side dishes, summer barbecues and everything in-between!
You have crunchy veggies tossed with macaroni and then covered in the most divine dressing.
We used cashews in the sauce for some added Omega-3 and protein. It’s the perfect salad to make in advance! It keeps beautifully in the fridge so if you make it the night before Store leftovers in the fridge (covered) for up to 5 days. It is not freezer friendly.
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. The cashews need to be soaked for the dressing. So place them into a bowl and pour over hot water from the kettle and then let them sit for an hour and then drain them before use.
- 2. Cook the macaroni according to your package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Chop and prepare your veggies.
- 4. When your cashews are soaked, you’re ready to make the dressing. Add the soaked cashews to the blender jug along with vegan mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, dijon mustard, dried dill, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper and water. Blend until smooth.
- 5. Add the macaroni to a salad bowl. Top with the chopped veggies and then pour over the sauce. Toss it all together until well mixed.
- 6. Then cover the bowl and place it into the fridge for around an hour to chill and for the flavours to blend.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter