Ingredients – 2 - 4 Persons
- 250g Wellside Foods Pure Pasta
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
- 50g carrots, finely chopped
- 50g peas
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ - 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½-¾ cup water (starchy cooking water from pasta)
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp vegan crème fraiche
- 1 handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
There’s a lot of things we love about this Indian-style masala pasta. It’s an easy recipe so that you can add lots of different veggies you might already have in the fridge. It’s filling and satisfying; a great combination!
Cauliflower, broccoli, sweet corn, baby corn, mushroom, or green beans are good choices. If using any of these veggies then we would sauté them separately and add into the sauce. You can use spinach leaves as well.
Bonus points, as it’s also packed full of vegan protein, as our Pure Pasta has been formulated to provide a high-protein alternative to traditionally carb-heavy pasta. We use the magic of pea protein
Purchase our Pure Pasta range here. Use code RECIPE10 for 10% off!
Credit: Spice Up The Curry.
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the liquid while reserving about ¾ cups of water.
- 2. As soon as you add pasta to the boiling water, make the sauce on another stove. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add chopped onions and garlic.
- 3. Cook till onions become soft and translucent.
- 4. Then add tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- 5. Add veggies (carrot, peas, bell pepper, red pepper and salt.
- 6. Mix, cover and cook till veggies are soft and tender. During the cooking process if sticks to the bottom of the pan then sprinkle little boiling water from pasta and continue cooking.
- 7. Then add all the spice powders (black pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, kasoori methi, and dried oregano).
- 8. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- 9. Then add reserved pasta water, mix and bring it to a simmer.
- 10. Then add ketchup and heavy cream. Mix well and cook for a minute. Add cooked pasta. Mix well.
- 11. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter