Ingredients – 6 Vol au Vents
- 1 sheet of Wellside Vegan Rough Puff Pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 300 grams mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250 ml soy cream
The height of the eighties were always vol au vents, with so many different filling options. This Christmas, be inspired by memories of your younger years with this vegan mushroom vol au vent recipe for a touch of nostalgia after a hectic and unpredictable year.
Soy cream is an ingredient that adds another layer to what you can do with vegan food. As much we like coconut cream/milk, it can bring too much flavour to the dish and everything can end up tasting like a coconut ice cream. Luckily soy is just about as flavourless as non-vegans claim it to be so a great addition when you have strong flavours like rosemary and mushrooms.
The vol au vents themselves are vegan already as vegetable fats are used. For the wow factor, use our Wellside Vegan Rough Puff Pastry sheets.
The garlic and rosemary inclusion guarantee a tasty and diverse taste that’ll satisfy your vegan and carnivorous guests alike.
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Add the oil to a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- 2. Add the rosemary and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Add the mushrooms and cook for 10-15 minutes until everything is cooked down and nice and soft.
- 4. Add the flour and stir well.
- 5. Slowly add the soya cream as you stir.
- 6. Season well with salt and pepper.
- 7. Simmer for a further 10 minutes. While simmering, cut the pastry into vol au vents and put into the oven, following the packet instructions to cook them until golden brown.
- 8. Take the mushrooms off the heat, the vol au vents out of the oven and serve immediately, placing some of the mushroom mixture in the centre of each vol au vent.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter