Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 300g vegan tagliatelle or Pure Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- 300g tin cut green beans in water, drained and chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 125g mushrooms, chopped
- ¼–½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
A healthy, delicious vegetarian version of the classic favourite, pasta Bolognese. Serves 4.
Recipe provided by Dr Michelle Braude, founder of The Food Effect.
The Food Effect Diet: Vegan: Eat More, Weigh Less, Look & Feel Better is available here.
Our vegan pasta is 100% plant-based and is available direct for next day delivery. Click here to purchase!
Use coupon code RECIPE10 for 10% off at the checkout.
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and stir. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- 2. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onion and fry over a low heat for 3–5 minutes, until softened and translucent but not browned. Add the carrots, celery and green beans.
- 3. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mushrooms and cayenne pepper. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir through the fresh parsley.
- 4. Drain the pasta when cooked, and divide between serving plates. Top each serving with a quarter of the bolognese sauce. Top with some freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter