Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 400g of Wellside Vegan Tagliatelle
- 100g raw cashews, soaked
- 15g nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ white onion diced
- 240ml almond milk
- 1 pack of chestnut mushrooms
- Fresh flat leaf parsley
Pasta Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish which originated from Rome and is traditionally made with egg, hard cheese, cured pork, and black pepper. Doesn’t sound too compatible with a vegan lifestyle does it?
Luckily, we’ve cracked a Vegan Pasta Carbonara recipe that’ll have you reaching for seconds. Using our Vegan Tagliatelle range to omit the egg content, and almond milk to give a creamy consistency you’ll be left feeling satisfied and dinner guests will be impressed. Unsure which of our tagliatelle options to choose from? Try them all with our Vegan Tagliatelle Taster Box which includes carrot, spelt, hemp, whole wheat and spinach vegan tagliatelle.
A firm favourite with vegans, the nutritional yeast adds a cheesy indulgent kick too!
- 1. Roast garlic wrapped in tin foil for 40 minutes and start boiling a pan of salted water before starting
- 2. Blend Cashews, yeast, turmeric, mustard, garlic and slowly add the almond milk whilst blending until smooth the garlic as thinly as possible.
- 3. In a frying pan over a medium heat fry the onion and mushroom until caramelised
- 4. Add sauce to the frying pan over a low heat to warm it
- 5. Boil the pasta until al dente and drain.
- 6. Put the pasta into the sauce and coat it, add some pasta water if it is too thick.
- 7. Finish with plenty of fresh ground black pepper and some fresh parsley.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter