Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 400g of Wellside Vegan Spelt Tagliatelle
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, rinsed
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
Pasta Aglio E Olio is a traditional Italian pasta dish from Naples that’s made by lightly sauteeing sliced, minced, or pressed garlic in olive oil, sometimes with the addition of dried red chili flakes, and tossing in the pasta.
We’re using our Vegan Spelt Tagliatelle for this dish which contains less gluten than cheaper, durum wheat pastas. Our spelt tagliatelle can be easier for people with a gluten intolerance to digest.
The key to a great Pasta Aglio E Olio is slowly toasting the garlic slices to a perfect golden-brown in the olive oil. If it’s too light, you don’t get the full flavor and if it’s too dark it gets bitter.
- 1. Pre-heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Get a pan of salted water boiling too, for the pasta
- 2. Slice all the garlic as thinly as possible.
- 3. Roughly chop the parsley.
- 4. Gently frying the garlic until it just starts to colour then add chilli flakes and lemon zest
- 5. Start boiling the pasta. Once pasta is just cooked ‘al dente’ drain and toss through the oil garlic mixture along with a few tablespoons of your pasta water.
- 6. Toss through the parsley and taste for seasoning. Enjoy!
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter