Ingredients – 4 Persons
- 400g of Wellside Pasta
- 125g fresh basil leaves
- 175g chopped walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 250ml good quality cold pressed olive oil
Traditionally, pesto sauce is made with Parmesan cheese, which would mean that its not vegan. However our Vegan Walnut Pesto Pasta dish makes an addictive and delicious alternative which also stores well in the fridge or freezer, meaning you can just make lots more of this great sauce!
Combine with the fresh veggies from your local farmers’ market and you’ve got yourself a wholesome and delicious summer meal packed full of colour, taste and appeal.
Grab a big bowl, and combine your summer veggie-loaded pasta with roasted garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice and a healthy (read: large) dollop of our walnut pesto that’s addictively creamy and 100% homemade.
Looking for a vegan, high protein pasta to compliment this dish? Try our Vegan Pure Pasta which contains pea protein and provides you with 40% more protein, and 40% less carbohydrates than traditional pasta.
- 1. Blend the walnuts first to start breaking them down
- 2. Add the garlic, yeast and olive oil and continue to blend
- 3. Finally add the basil leaves and blend until somewhat smooth (avoid blending for too long as this will make the basil go dark or brown)
- 4. Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, drain completely and add the pesto into the pan. Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter