Ingredients – 2 Persons
- 125g of Wellside Pure Pasta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 125g gorgonzola (vegetarian blue cheese seasonally available to order from Wellside)
- 125g Roquefort or blue cheese (vegan options available)
- 1 tub sour cream or creme fraiche
- 125g chopped walnuts
- Parsley or basil
- Seasoning to taste
The best vegetarian pasta dishes are the ones that come together in a snap. This vegetarian blue cheese dish is ideal for when you’re short on inspiration and want something creamy and comforting.
We don’t know about you, but blue cheese makes us so happy and is a great addition to pasta dishes if you’re looking to add more flavour. This thick, creamy cheese sauce is ideal when paired with pasta and is high protein thanks to the addition of Pure Pasta, which has a pea protein content.
This dish can easily be vegan too, with the substitution of cheese for a vegan alternative that’s both delicious and satisfying.
- 1. Cook Wellside Pure Pasta in boiling salted water as per instructions. Season water with salt and/or half a vegan stock cube.
- 2. Warm olive oil in pan and add diced cheese. Melt slowly together over a medium heat, stirring gently occasionally. Make sure that the sauce does not boil. Add black pepper, and set pan aside.
- 3. Drain pasta, drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- 4. Add sour cream and a quarter of the chopped walnuts to the sauce and stir gently. Incorporate pasta into the sauce. Serve into dishes and sprinkle with remaining walnuts and some fresh parsley or basil.
Want more great news & offers from Wellside? Sign up to our newsletter